THIS IS A FREE EVENT FOR EVERYONE!
HOSTED BY MOUNTAIN ROSE HERBS
~ FEATURING ~
SUNDAY, MAY 3RD 2015
11:30 AM - 4:30 PM
HERB DAY CELEBRATION
My Favorite Herbs for a High Energy Lifestyle
If you want to take a big, juicy bite of life, join me for a high-energy session about the five simple herbs that will do the most for you. You will learn which plant gives you unlimited amounts of grounded, focused energy. You will discover the Swiss secret for increasing and maintaining libido, regardless of your age or sex. You'll be introduced to a great-tasting herb that heals. You'll find out why my students are in awe of a simple pink flower that grows everywhere. You'll be thrilled by the pain-relieving, mood-improving, infection-fighting powers of a plant used to celebrate Summer Solstice.
Herbs in the Landscape: A Permaculture Perspective
In this dynamic presentation, we will explore the ways in which our common medicinal plants interact in the landscape. What can individual herbs and plant associations tell us about the ecology of our gardens and bioregions? How can we use medicinal herbs in our gardens to promote diversity and increase the health of other crops? Using principles of permaculture design we will discuss the multiple functions of medicinal herbs in the landscape, and how we can use medicinal plants to build resilient, productive, and beautiful gardens. By thinking broadly about health in both humans and ecosystems, we can use these tools to promote the conservation of at risk medicinal plants.
Fern Hill Nursery and Botanical Sanctuary will be offering a selection of beautiful medicinal herbs for your garden. All profits will be donated to the United Plant Savers, so be sure to take a new green friend home with you!
One of the shining jewels of Lane County, Mount Pisgah Arboretum is a 209-acre living tree museum. Its riverside trails, quiet paths through evergreen forests, water garden teeming with life, bright wildflower meadows, and open views across oak savannas delight all ages. Located within Lane County's Howard Buford Recreation Area, the Arboretum lies between the Coast Fork of the Willamette River and the slopes of Mount Pisgah.
The lecture will be held in the White Oak Pavilion. The pavilion will be lit and the lecture will be amplified so everyone can hear. There are only 200 seats available, so please arrive early or bring your own.
WHAT TO BRING
- $4.00 for Lane County Parks Parking Fee - the fee machine accepts cash and credit cards. Carpooling encouraged!
- Mug for free herbal tea!
- Folding chair or blanket if you'd like. There are 200 seats available, so please arrive early or bring your own.
- Money (cash, check, or cards) to purchase merchandise, books, donations, etc. All profits will be donated!
- Families are welcome, but please do not leave children unattended.
- Snacks or money to purchase food from the Zingaro Food Truck and Viva! Vegetarian will be offering delicious options for omnivores, vegetarians, vegans, and paleo diets.
- Please leave animal friends at home.